Wednesday 12 March 2014

TASK 5B


When researching this Task at school I was a bit confused on what to look for.

I have read the handbook on many occasions and realised that the ethical considerations that we as teachers need to adhere to are in this manual and right here for us to read on.

I suppose reflecting about this when you are in a work place there are all different codes of ethics and frameworks for all different work place but all the outlines will be different.

So reading the manual first of all seems really simple the objective: ' To provide teaching staff with a clear framework of best practice in our core business of learning and teaching.' then the Outcomes: ' To provide all students with outstanding learning experiences so that they can make at least 3 levels of progress from KS2 - KS4. All students to achieve their target grade and 30% to exceed target grades.

To me this seems simple of course as teachers we are expected to teach outstanding lessons all the time and produce safe learning and teaching for all studnets,

But what shocked me is that I didn't write this in my Task 5A. I focused on the safeguarding of the students and the professional boundaries of teachers and pupils.

In this handbook it has everything in it you could ask for a plan of the school who and where everything is. But really is this really important.

What’s in important to me is Motivating the pupils, FSM, EAL,SEN and etc.

I have reflected on this manual and there is a section on BOYS/GILRS. This to me is perfect as my Inquiry question is going to be based on boys motivation in KS3.

The quote:

BOYS/GIRLS

be aware of the differences in Girls and Boys achievement and use study partnerships where possible to offset this.

Tailor schemes to suit boys strengths and use topics which appeal

Encourage boys to be adventurous with materials

Use short scaffold tasks to sustain interest.

Looking at this great for BOYS but where is the Ethical consideration for girls here is. Are we forgetting about them???

As I am basing my line of inquiry on Boys I will still try and involve girls in a Ethical way by not forgetting about them think about how they maybe can motivate boys. Do they need to surveyed to they need to be observed as well and see what the results are from this.

Reflecting back on this task my assumptions were totally different to the ones I have found out in this handbook. I really focused on the safeguarding and actually in this manual its all based on the what the students are going to achieve from our learning and tecahing.

This is the focus!

Thanks for reading

Geri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment