Wednesday 27 November 2013

Task 3C - 5 Sources


I decided to work out which sources I find most useful by putting a spider diagram together to arrange them into importance.


I decided to go with the below sources as I feel they were more suited and were more important to me in my line of Practise.

1. CDTA - This is a committee set up by the Hertfordshire Dance/Performing arts teachers from the local schools we meet at every chance we can we find it hard to meet up as we are busy but this really is important to me. We as a group of teachers use each other’s recourses, take ideas for Schemes of Work from one other. We also discuss ideas for choreography. Every year the committee put together the Hertfordshire Dance Festival where the Secondary, Primary and other schools who have learning difficulties will get together over 2 days and celebrate dance that going on in the schools. This day makes me so happy when I look back on the last 2 I have been involved in just shows how inspiring dance and the performing arts can be to so many different children. Children with disabilities, children from a bad upbringing and children from a wealthy upbringing. It really shows how this can bring communities together.

2. GOOGLE - This for me is one of the biggest sources I use in day to day practise I use this source to research practitioners, different styles, drama techniques that I may not be confident in. For me this has helped me with so much of my professional Practise being able to go online and type in a sentence about the performing arts and it will give me a suggestion or a link to another page that would help me. This has also helped me with getting recourses together for my Dance classes that I teach. This has also helped me expand my outside Business of teaching Zumba as soon as you type my name into Google it comes up with that I am a Zumba instructor in Hertfordshire. It's great advertisement and its free!!. Google brings me on to my next Source.

3. YouTube - This site has been my saviour some days. This source has inspired me to look up new practitioners I have so many aspirations to dance and choreograph like some of the choreographers on this channels. I have my own account and like to save the best Dance channels to my account for me this really helps me choreograph for my lessons at school. Sometimes I get stuck so for a bit of motivation and Inspiration I look up choreography for example my strength in dance is street but my weakness is Contemporary choreographing it- so I look up contemporary dances and it allows me to access so many different choreography’s. YouTube- May sometimes has a copyright issue but I really never copy the whole choreography and I always just take tips from different channels.

4. CPSD - At school with CPSD sessions that run every Thursday after school. These are so interesting and helpful they really help me in development of my professional practise. You maybe were wondering what these sessions consist of. They are basically ran by different members of staff in the school where we share good practise and beneficial Teaching and Learning points. So every week we have a different session we can go to. I recently went to one based on Engaging boys now doing dance in KS3 is really hard as you can understand the boys engagement is far and in between. So the Music teacher delivered an excellent Session on engaging boys and how we can do it with our own 10 ten tips for doing this great easy to follow and had really interesting points which I have actually used within my classroom and are actually working.

5. CAMPUS SESSIONS- This has to be one of the most important recourse for me as this allows me to develop as a practitioner in the professional world. I am really enjoying going to these sessions it helps me improve my speaking and listening skills that I need as a teacher and a student. It inspires me to see the Module 2 and 3 students and how they are doing on the course and where we will be as students in a year’s time. But also just get inspired and motivated for what I really want to do. Alan has been a great motivator as he has allowed us to have ownership on our own practise without being told me where to go and how to do it. It's your knowledge that you already know and putting it into practise.

Doing this has really proved to me that we use so many sources in a day to day professional life and we don't even realise.

Thanks Geri

4 comments:

  1. Hi Geri, great blog!
    I didn't think of putting my sources into order of importance. Are they in order of importance here on your blog???
    We have one in common - google. I'm constantly using google to search for information, I love that it's so easy to use too. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Chiara,

    Yes these are most important ones that I use but they are actually not in nay particular order I don't think I could rank these there all so important to me for networking.

    Thanks for commenting on my Blog.

    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geri,

    I am just trawling through Task 3d and making great efforts to comment on fellow students blogs ! I'm a skip reader so am finding this a difficult one to engage with, however when reading through your blog just now I envy the fact that you are able to attend Campus sessions and appluad the fact that you consider them an important source of information. Unfortunately due to my location in the North West I find attending campus sessions impossible due to work commitments and indeed location. I think I too would benefit from meeting with those students who have already crossed over from Module 1 - 2 and then those onto 3 to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel which I hope everybody on the course feels at times and its not just me !!!

    Keep working hard and I may get chance to meet up with you one day whether it be at a campus session or at Graduation !!

    Take care
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo

      Thanks for having a read of the blog that I created I know what you mean aboutthe readers there so hard to understand sometimes and it's hard to take it all in. This is an idea that I am going to start to do I trialed it with a section of Reader 3 where I recorded myself reading aloud and then played it back to me I felt that this really help to digest the information. Obviously no one else will hear this just for you. It's just a easy way to take in the information I hope this has given you an idea.

      I know you live so far away but I might make a suggestion if we could not do a skype call on one the campus days to involve the people who cant attend as they live far away that you could still be there just not in person!! If that makes sense??

      I find these campus sessions so informative if you can get yourself to one I would really rcommend it make a day of it!!

      Have a great New Year and hopefully I will get to meet you soon.

      Geri x

      Delete